Shred Ready, a leader in protective helmets for water and snow sports, introduced its latest helmet, the Zeta, at the Paddlesports Retailer Show. The Zeta is ideal for paddlesports, seamlessly blending technological innovation with style and attitude.
The name Zeta was inspired by the infamous Class V+ Zeta rapid on the Futaleufu River in Chile. The Futaleufu is one of the premier whitewater rivers in the world and is known for its turquoise waters, a phenomenon produced by glacier till. The Zeta helmet echoes the power and dynamic beauty of the river with its “iconic and innovative” style.
Shred Ready CEO, Tom Sherburne, comments, “The Zeta combines the style and swagger of iconic sports figures with high-tech energy management foams on a user-friendly platform. We’re excited to introduce this new helmet to the paddlesports community because it represents the latest in technology with iconic style.”
Co-founder of KEM STUDIO, Jonathon Kemnitzer, adds, “We designed this helmet for Shred Ready to deliver both performance and attitude, using advanced materials to get a more comfortable and less bulky fit, similar to a baseball cap. We’re really excited about the details both inside and out, and its overall style. Zeta may be the first helmet that you don’t rush to take off.”
Features of the helmet include:
- A slim, comfortable design maximized for protection.
- DCLAN foam which is soft and comfortable in its normal state but stiffens on impact to direct energy away from the user’s head.
- BOA single hand adjustable lock utilizing the BOA reel and lacing system.
- Temple guards cast in aluminum, rather than plastic, for better protection.
- Light deflection paint on the underside of the brim to reduce glare.
- A bottle opener on the strap slider, for usability off the river as well.