Using a FCS Connect fin on your stand up paddleboard makes inserting and removing your fin a quick and easy procedure. No tools are required and many paddlers enjoy the convenience and simplicity of the design.
- The first step is to insert the silver pin at the leading edge of the fin into the fin box of your board.
- Slide the fin into your desired position.
- Press down on the trailing edge of the fin until the colored bead snaps into place.
- To remove the FCS Connect fin simply place your hand on the fin and pivot it forward until the colored bead snaps out of the fin box.
- Slide the fin so the leading edge with the silver pin can be lifted out of the fin box on your board.
Best Uses for an FCS Connect Fin
An FCS Connect fin may be used with any U.S. fin box and is best suited for recreational paddlers. The fins will work in any conditions, however, they may pop out if the fin impacts with a solid object at a high rate of speed, such as during white water paddling or surfing. The fins are particularly advantageous for rental fleets due to their easy of use which minimizes the time required to prepare customers for their paddle.