Are you looking to downsize your PFD collection?
So you’re a paddler who’s active in more than one paddling discipline. You paddle a touring kayak down the Colorado River one weekend and are hopping on a SUP to explore Lake Mohave the next. On trips to the coast you’re bound to jump in an outrigger canoe or surfski and mix it up in the rough stuff offshore. Then on hot summer weekends you venture into the mountains and do a little whitewater paddling on SUPs or maybe go exploring via a packraft. You’re a self professed gear hound, but practical sensibilities and shear economics suggest you should be able to use one PFD for each of your paddling pursuits.
Queue the MTI Vibe, a versatile PFD that can be used in all types of paddling and excels in whitewater. The MTI Vibe is a USCG certified type III PFD. It is an over the head/ side entry model with a generously proportioned center pocket, ideal for storing a couple essentials.
Features of this PFD include:
- Low profile
- Back loops and attachment point inside pocket tunnel to hold a leash release belt in the perfect position for whitewater SUP (MTI SUP Leash Belt sold separately)
- Supple 300D Polyester shell and Z-STRAP cinch down
- Lash tab on chest and a four loop daisy chain attachment point on the back
- Large mesh cargo pocket with key clip and tethered whistle
- Reflective trim front and back
The MTI Vibe weighs in at just 1.6 pounds and is so comfortable you won’t even realize you’re wearing it. The PFD is available in a selection of sizes and colors to suit individual styles and preferences.
To learn more, check out our video below and be sure to browse our Gear Section for insights and reviews of other items to help you maximize your paddling experience!