Panhandle Paddle Classic in Destin, Florida is a destination race
GUSU Paddle and Surf is proud to bring back the Panhandle Paddle Classic! This is going to be an epic three day event that you don’t want to miss at one of the best location resorts in all of Destin, Florida: Jetty East Condominiums, with discounted rates for all paddlers and their families!
There will be a selection of paddle clinics, numerous vendor booths, and best of all, everything is on location!
The Panhandle Paddle Classic is proud to be supporting the Task Force Dagger Foundation with this year’s race! Task Force Dagger Foundation provides assistance to wounded, ill, or injured US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) members and their families. We respond to urgent needs, conduct Rehabilitative Therapy Events, and provide next-generation health solutions for issues facing our service members. The foundation is a rally point to combat Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS), and environmental exposures. Through their cohesive programs, Task Force Dagger Foundation enable families to seize the moment and live life.
Top five reasons to attend the Panhandle Paddle Classic
- Learn from the Paddling Legend Danny Ching on Veterans Day! Celebrate with Special Operations Veterans and Active Duty Special Forces Operators by supporting Task Force Dagger Foundation: www.taskforcedagger.org
- Sugar Sands and Caribbean Waters on the Mainland.
- A four tide challenging event! (Ocean, Pass, Harbor, and Bay), with a downwinder leaving the pass! So much fun!
- Waters are crystal clear and you can see 20-30’ down!
- Destin is a Destination Race! Warm temps and warm waters, along with the famous Crab Island! The Harbor Walk, Condos, and Destin area are filled with iconic restaurants, bars, and fun for the whole family!
There are a total of eight races Saturday through Sunday (4 per day)! After parties each night at great restaurants with epic sunset views! Organizers are raffling off two paddleboards, 2 x 2 night stays at awesome condos, swag, and cash prizes to the top three male and female winners of the 10 mile!
About the Danny Ching paddle clinics
1 on 1 (or 1 on 2) Private SUP or OC $250.
90 minutes with Danny Ching. Each lesson is personalized around the individual’s physical ability, time commitment and goals. This lesson will include both on and off the water lessons and drills.
Danny Ching’s Private Lessons are great for:
- Learning the basics of sup paddling
- Those looking to take the next step in their paddling
- Those looking to prevent injures and learn proper technique
- Those looking to better their balance
Danny will provide a dry land lesson demonstrating body position and balance. This private lesson will cover the differences between stroke technique versus stroke strategy, balance strategies for surfing, turning, and paddling, and body alignment for speed, balance and injury prevention.
It is recommended that the paddlers bring their own craft (SUP or OC) and paddle. If you cannot bring your own craft please let the organizers know and one will be provided for you at no additional cost.
Small Groups 4-6 NORMAL $200 per person SUP or OC
You and up to 6 friends will get 2 hrs with Danny Ching. Each lesson is personalized around the groups physical ability, time commitment and goals. In this small group setting each paddler will get individualized personal attention plus have the advantage of being able to watch others and learn from each others mistakes and successes.
Danny Ching’s Small group lessons are great for:
- Families want to learn a new sport
- Adventurous Couples looking to get outdoors
- Small groups wanting to train and improve together
- Paddleboard enthusiast who wish to be better prepared for racing and/or learn proper technique
Danny will provide a dry land lesson with on land drills to demonstrating body position and balance. This private group lesson will cover balance strategies for surfing, turning, and paddling, and body alignment for speed, balance and injury prevention.
It is recommended that the paddlers bring their own craft (SUP or OC) and paddle. If you cannot bring your own craft please let the organizers know and they can provide them for you.
10 Person Group Clinic $120 per person
Danny Ching will run a 10 person Group Clinic for $200 per person. This 2 hr lesson will allow you to learn from Danny Ching in a small group format.
As a group, you and Danny will discuss the basics for stroke technique, race strategy, balance strategy and training tips off the water. You will then have the opportunity to ask questions specific to your needs. After a short discussion you and the group will have a chance to paddle with Danny and receive some individual attention both on and off the water. This smaller group setting allows you to have some personal coaching from Danny Ching in a group environment.
Register for the event and clinics on PaddleGuru!