Easy tips to add more plants to your diet, aka beyond fruits and nuts
Looking to add more plants to your meals and snacks? Look no further. Here are five tips to start adding more plants to your daily routine.
- Plan ahead! You know that you will get hungry throughout your day. Instead of trying to find something healthy when you are starving, plan out what you will eat for the week.
- Food prep! Once you create your plan, go to the supermarket and buy the foods you will be eating. Next prepare and pack your meals and snacks so you can stick to your plan.
- Balance your meals and snacks with vegetables, fruit, lean protein (i.e., beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, and soy), and healthy fat (i.e, avocado, olives, nuts, and seeds).
- Fruits and some vegetables can be eaten raw (i.e., apples, berries, carrots, cucumber, melon, oranges, etc.). Vegetables can also be eaten in a salad or grilled, steamed, and sautéed (i.e., bell peppers, broccoli, corn, kale, tomatoes, etc.).
- Eat a balanced meal or snack about every 3-4 hours. Shorter periods between meals and snacks, will help you stay focused and energized all day long.
Try these tips out and let me know how it goes. My next posts will focus on plant strong recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.