Registration for Carolina Cup, the East Coast’s largest event, opens today
A new updated registration to add 50% savings on racing on both Saturday and Sunday, organizers plan to honor the least expensive price for the next two weeks and have updated the divisions.
Carolina Cup organizers made the decision to cap the number of competitors in each race for 2018. The decision was made in the interests of safety and done to ensure adequate measures can be implemented to hold a safe event.
- Harbor Island 5K: 150 total entries
- Money Island 10K: 150 total entries
- Graveyard Saturday 13.2Miles: 225 total entries
- Graveyard Sunday 13.2Miles: 50 OC-1 and OC-2, 50 Surfski and double skis, total: 100 entries
- Graveyard: The Graveyard for Outrigger (OC-1, OC-2) and Surfski Graveyard will be on Sunday and will compete on the same Graveyard Course. Competitors will be starting and finishing on the sound side with a water start and finish.
- Saturday Graveyard will be Paddleboard only (prone and standup).
- Graveyard Divisions will be 14 feet and under for Mens AND Womens elite. There will be an unlimited division as well. Age divisons will be: U17, 18-49, 50-59, 60+.
- The Juniors Championship will be on Saturday in the Harbor Island 5K race and will be broken down into 2-year age groups between 10 and 17.
- Harbor Island 5K and Money Island 10K will have both 14′ and 12’6 and under divisions for men and women and will have a U17 division. Juniors focus will be in the Harbor Island Race.
- There is no OC-6 race.
- The kid race on Sunday is free to kids under 12.
- For paddlers racing on Saturday and Sunday, there is a 50% discount for the second race.
Is your event on our Calendar?