SoCal Winter Series
Breakout the OC-1s, SUPs, Surfskis and more as the 2017-2018 SoCal Winter Series gets underway. Organized by the local outrigger canoe clubs throughout the region, the SoCal Winter Series is a fun and festive way to get in some paddle racing on your craft of choice with hundreds of your friends – new and old. The races are open to all paddle craft and the format of short, medium and long courses provides more than one opportunity to compete at each event. The SoCal Winter Series is also a great time to try new paddle craft, demo equipment and swap stories. Best of all, race fees have historically averaged around $25 an event (including a meal) and often a t-shirt too!
Here’s what you need to know:
- 14 October: Off Da Couch – Newport Beach
- 11 November: La Jolla Invitational – La Jolla
- 2 December: Becky Stuart Memorial – Oceanside
- 9 December: Tecolote 5000 – San Diego
- 13 January: Return to the Pier – Santa Barbara
- 27 January: Hanohano Huki Challenge – San Diego
- 10 February: Hal Rosoff Classic – Newport Beach
- 27 February: Lanakila Classic – Redondo Beach
- 17 March: Dana Ocean Challenge – Dana Point
- 24 March: Malibu to Marina – Marina del Rey
- 8 April: Wild Buffalo Relay – Two Harbors to Newport Beach
Race dates subject to change. Registration for most events is via PaddleGuru.